(Lam Woo T Talk was a programme for the Major Concern 1 from 2018 to 2021. However, the programme was suspended due to the COVID-19 situation. The T Talk will be resumed under the Major Concern 1 from 2021 to 2024 when the epidemic siutation is improved).
Conducted by students (mostly) and staff (occasionally) every Thursday, Lam Woo T Talk is a series of mini lectures in TED talk style. In a voluntary basis, student speakers can decide the topic and presentation format they want to share to others.
Here is a short view of one of the T talks:
The talks held are listed. You may watch some of them by clicking the link on the title.
|1||6-Sep-18||認識情緒病 – 我的親身經歷|
|2||13-Sep-18||Imaging the heaven – Astrophotography|
|5||4-Oct-18||Why can't I play my instrument well?|
|7||18-Oct-18||How to send you to Mars?|
|8||25-Oct-18||Why are cats the best animals?|
|9||8-Nov-18||Beyond the Stage: What's inside a play?|
|11||22-Nov-18||Sound of Silence|
|16||17-Jan-19||World and Religion|
|24||19-Sep-19||Flip your Near-win-Failure Precedes Success|
|26||3-Oct-19||Behind the rainbow flag: a brief introduction to LGBTQ & community|
|28||24-Oct-19||I~journey sharing : Study in Southampton|
What we try to achieve via T talk:
1. Speakers can share their interests or beliefs to other students in this platform.
2. Improve speakers confidences and public speech opportunities.
3. Educate students to treasure different kinds of knowledges and experiences (not only textbook knowledges). Let students experience the proverbs 「世事洞明皆學問」。
4. Speakers and audience can interact, know each other and make new friends in the same interest.
5. Create a scholastic atmosphere in the campus.